I totally cribbed this from another site. Shameless!
I haven’t had the time or patience to knit. I might rectify this tonight when I go to class (shh, don’t tell). However, here’s a little more about me as a knitter.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love knitting with Lion Brand chunky yarn because it knits up so quickly and the feel last through many washings. For finer knitting (socks) I like Regia.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I’ve been knitting for about 9 years. I learned by watching videos on the Internet and hounding people in public with knitting needles. I consider myself intermediate since I’ve never tackled a sweater.
4. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I love the color red and black. I hate knitting with dark colors because a dropped stitch can be a BEYOTCH to find and pick up. I like striped yarn since it takes the guess work out.
6.What are you knitting right now?
I’m attempting two socks at once and a patchwork blanket for my daughter.
I prefer circular needles made with aluminum. I lose less stitches this way.
8. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Do my kids count?
9. How old is your oldest UFO?
Since doing the 27 fling boogie with Flylady, I got rid of UFO’s from the past year. However, the patchwork blanket for my daughter is about three months old.
10. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I love Interweave Knits and am quite fond of Knitty, the online magazine. I haven’t found any books that make me want to blow my yarn budget lately. The local library takes care of that need.
11. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I keep hearing about Portuguese knitting. That seems cool to learn. there’s also two socks together, knit with one in the other, that I would like to learn. And of course, making my cables not look so bulky.
12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, Yes, Yes! My feet are boat size, LOL.
13. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Yes, friend me! I’m mrsrkfj