Ho ho, The Wizard of Oz is on!
From the teen when the group first meets the ‘Wizard’:
He just gonna play himself, why he trying to act so hard?
I loved this movie as a child. Now, the magic is not as strong since I can just play it anytime from my DVD collection. Watching it on TV with commercials brings back memories of Easter break and ham on white sandwiches.
As an adult, I do have to point out:
* Dorothy is a murderer. She kills two people. Her crimes are justified because she kills two wicked witches?
Random trivia. In the book Dorothy actually wore silver slippers, not ruby red. I think she rocks those red shoes.
* Dorothy is also a thief in training. The Wizard can be charged with aiding and abetting or is it conspiracy since he tells her to get the witch’s broom.
* What about stranger danger? Dorothy just skips and sings with three strange men through a dark forest.
* Why does the Cowardly Lion have a red bow. Neither Fat Mittens nor Midnight would tolerate that nonsense.
* Can I get up at twelve and go to work at one. Take an hour lunch and then at two be done? The bomb schedule.
* Where are the Blacks in OZ? My people couldn’t even be a token?
* Isn’t Toto still in danger when Dorothy wakes up after the twister? Or did the neighbor perish in the twister?
Random comment from the boy:
It’s so – so. Yo can I get back on Most Fun Games?
* Is the Cowardly Lion just a punk or were the producers making a statement. Yes it was 1939 when this movie was made, however, the Lion is quite um fey.
Random me comment: why are there so many bloop bloop commercials?
* Toto is quite scraggly looking. What breed is he? Mutt and throw rug? The Wicked Witch calls him mangy. I concur.
* How is this rated G? The witch is hella scary (too much South Park).
* The Wicked Witch must be one funky mother shut your mouth if she can’t be around water. Who put a bucket of water anywhere in her fortress? Smells of a set up to me. Can you say premeditation?
* Why so much heart once the witch is dead? The Monkey Army outnumbered her yet let her bully them. Punks. WTF?
* I agree a brain is a mediocre commodity. Abbey Lincoln sings the hell out of “If I Only Had a Brain”. I need to listen to this tonight.
Random teen comment: why he still got that bow in his head (the Lion). And the curls!
Random me comment: House of Payne has a storyline?
* Toto would have been a left *ss when he jumped out of the basket. Peace!
* Had Dorothy been from UD she might have knocked Glinda out when she told her she could have went home anytime. Close mouth beyotch.
Random teen comment: He still got those curls?
Random boy comment: she could have been home. Tap your shoes. Tap them. Dang.
* Notice how Dorothy disses Uncle Henry when she retells the story of OZ?
I’m going with punk for the Lion.