(In my Val from A Chorus Line voice):
I never heard of the Bucket List, Never saw the Bucket List, I don’t give a Sh*t about the Bucket List!
I want to make an impact!
(Actually Val wants to be a Rockette and is talking about the ballet classic movie The Red Shoes)
While I don’t have things that I MUST do before I kick the bucket, I do have a few goals for the first quarter of 2012.
- Do Chaturanga Dandasana, seamlessly. Right now when I attempt this pose, I have a shooting pain in my right shoulder. Which means I’m doing it wrong or I’m still too Team Lard to attempt this.
- Get my miles back to 12 minutes. Right now, I’m averaging 20 minutes a mile. And while I’m okay with that, I plan to compete in some races this spring.
- Eat more clean and regularly. Less butter on my food, less sodium, less swine strips.
- Find a job away from my house. I found myself setting my day around Maury Povitch and Jerry Springer. This saddens me so. I used to watch these shows in passing, like at a doctor’s office or if I waited for my mom when I was taking her somewhere. But now, they’re part of the rotation. And I have no shame saying that. Ugh.
- Meet up with like minded civic goaled groups and continue to clean my neighborhood. I didn’t win my race and I’m learning to let that go, but I realize *I* made the title, the tile didn’t make me.
- Continue working toward my degree. 2011 ended in a sucky way, but I still need to work on having that paper that proves I knew how to take notes and listen.
- I’m still having major issues with church, God, and religion. I have been practicing my yoga twice a day and doing some meditation, but the relationship I had with God is gone and that saddens me. I feel a void, but as a much wiser woman told me today, I won’t get right with God until I get right in my head.
- Mindfulness. I have a post I’ve been working on about this new way to keep it together. So far I’ve had less panic attacks and less of a need to be right. Plus, this helps put my relationship with God in perspective: when I’m aware of the land around me, I can’t help but notice that a Higher Power than me is involved.
- Reading for enjoyment. I downloaded over 100 books to my Kindle. I’ve browsed two.
- Less TV (see my Maury/Jerry obsession), more music. Again, my iPod holds over 2300 songs. I really miss the way music soothes me.
- More time just chatting with the kids and The Mister. I spent so much of 2011 on the Go, I lost what was THE most important to me, my family connection. My Mother in Law was taking the Teen shoe shopping, The Boy stopped laying next to me to watch a Disney movie, preferring to watch Chuggaconroy. And Phil Ivey had my husband’s pulse more than me.
- Not to forget ME time. I realized when I counted more blackheads than freckles and my eyebrows had morphed into two caterpillars, it was time for a change. I used to take time Thursday to pamper. Nails, toes, the works. Then I let one Thursday turn into three and I was looking quite hideous.