I didn’t take a leap around the Blog this Leap year because I was too busy pushing cookies. I just found out sales have been extended to the end of the month. I will refrain from committing about how this makes me feel.
Having taken a small hiatus from blogging, I realized writers never stop writing. I jotted notes about post I wanted to write, collaborated with my sister and some other bloggers about creating a writing circle, and every time I sat down at the computer, felt a need to post a picture, quote, SOMETHING to my blog.
Jessica at Found The Marbles, posted a list of ten things that would help others around the Blogosphere get to know us bloggers better. Here’s my (late) post. Allow me to reintroduce myself:
- My childhood nickname was Lucy or Loot. Queenie to this day says I act like Lucy Van Pelt from Charlie Brown. While I’ve never called someone a blockhead (to their face) I have been know to make a snide comment or three.
- If you want to spoil me rotten, buy me coffee, yarn and allow me to watch Judge Judy. Swine Strips would help also.
- The television character I most identify with is Peggy Olsen from Mad Men. All she wants is a seat at the Big Boys table, the respect of her peers, and the recognition she deserves from her boss. I understand that Mad Men is set in the not so PC sixties, but I feel Peggy’s pain some days when I’m dealing with men in business or political settings.
- If I had a whole day to go shopping and money to spend, I would go to the MAC counter. I love the look of a nicely made up face. I would then swing by the Tangled Yarn and go crazy over sock yarn. Victoria Secret’s to bring the sexy back, Tarzhet (Target to the common folk) to add some pieces, and Burlington Coat Factory for suits. I would finish with Old Navy. Ten bucks and a coupon can get you a whole bunch of gear.
- The most wild and crazy thing I have ever done (that I can admit to publicly) is I will pass this question on the grounds that it may incriminate me or cause major shade from The Teen.
- The one thing on my bucket list that I am most eager to do is… I don’t have a bucket list but have been contemplating a forty by forty. The top on my list would be to organize a Michael Jackson Dancing Flash Mob. That would be kick ass awesome and so much fun!
- My family will always be loyal to Tuna fish and crackers. It’s so simple anyone in this house can make it.
- If I could spend a day with a celebrity I would choose Bruno Mars, but this is a semi family friendly zone so I’ll stop there. Jill Scott because she seems so down to earth. I would love to hang with WDAS’s Patty Jackson because she seems like she has the best job in the world. And I would end the day with both Bobby Flay and Gordon Ramsay cooking for me.
- In my opinion, the best invention in the history of the world is my iPhone. Eff it. I love that thing.
- When life hands me lemons, I used to pelt others with my lemons because you either get down or you lay down*. Now, I say Meh. What can I use these lemons to do? And I think outside the box being a woman and all, and knowing how to be creative because of tight budgets and just know that I’ll laugh about this foolishness later in life.
* From the Fundraiser Episode of The Boondocks.
Click Around for More
Please follow and share: