1. Wake up early the day the software is to be released and click “Check for updates.” Have some mild disappointment because an update isn’t available.
2. Do a dedicated search for ‘iOS5 and iOS 5″ on Twitter. Note that a kind soul has posted rumored times that your region will have the update. Check for an update just in case this tweet is incorrect.
3. Set an alarm for ten minutes to the download time. Chunk day down in 15 minute increments as to not get stuck elsewhere when the download is available.
4. Check once again – in case Apple has deemed you the lucky one. Hide disappointment.
5. Get rewarded for my faithful hourly clicks with the message that a download is available. Happy Dance!
6. Become one of 431 TRILLION to connect.
7. Realize The Teen has an early dismissal and you’re still in pajamas. Take a shower while software updates.
8. Error code 3002. Contemplate switching to Android based on smart a$$ comments from Twitter.
9. Berate self for considering leaving the beloved Apple, restart computer and download.
10. Miss four calls as the longest “six minutes remaining” turns into 2 hours.
11. Loose all information stored on phone DESPITE doing multiple back-ups. Listen to kids proclaim their glee because all “Just Dance 3” incriminating videos have been lost.
12. Watch as 2,062 audio items sync to your phone at a rate of 100 songs per half hour. Wonder why there is so much music to sync when you know you have only listened to “Book of Mormon, the musical” and Adele recently.
13. Head to bed feeling naked without your phone and the Ocean Waves that have accompanied you to sleep for the last two weeks.
14. Wake extra early to examine new features and send iMessage to sister. Download the new Safari (AGAIN) and play with iCloud storage options. Reorganize apps and restore settings. Request passwords for dozens of apps. Another less enthusiastic Happy Dance.
15. Resume normal life.