I had a moment when I snapped on my family this week. I was having a woe is me moment until I came across the quote I used yesterday.
I’ve played Closet Lotto and lost big time this week. Between my gig, back to school routines, scouts, campaigning, and Miss Daisy duties my house looks one animal away from an episode of Hoarders.
I’ve been doing my best to control the clutter, but as I learned from Flylady many moons ago:
You can’t clean clutter.
As I searched for the elusive shoe this morning, I finally decided that this week it has to change. I just can’t live this way especially since:
1. Fat Mittens has taken to sleeping on the tops of dressers.
2. While searching for the show, I found not one but two laptops under the bed.
3. A wine glass is perched precariously on the sink in the bathroom. The problem with this? It’s empty.
4. Midnight, once found in laundry baskets throughout the house, has now found the inside of the dryer to be much more cozy.
5. Cub Scout paperwork is everywhere.
6. There were voter registration cards in the freezer. They fell in the last time I went door to door and came home dying for a glass of ice cold water. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
7. Baking soda cover almost every surface, thanks to my attempts to test all the uses of baking soda before I post to my blog.
8. Hair Bands in the couch. Since The Teen is back to perfecting her a$$ groove, this should be a no brainer.
9. Legos in the tub. Every so often, The Boy likes to play before he washes.
10. Both cats resting precariously on The Boy’s trumpet case. D@mn cats will lay anywhere.
What’s out of place at your house?