What ever it is, it’s freaking November.
It’s been a while that I noticed a calendar and realized that a month had flashed by so quickly. Oy vey.
I swear I was just sweating the big Four Oh and now I’m plotting how to add Butternut Squash Soup with a Pumpkin Seed garnish to my Thanksgiving Day meal.
One good thing about the month flashing by so quickly, it’s thatmuch closer to Election Day (NOVEMBER 5th!) and thatmuch closer to The Teen returning home for holiday.
Five For Friday
1. When I was young, we were always told to only go to houses with a light on. That was the safest and meant that people were giving out candy. When I moved to Delco, folks would sit outside on their steps handing out candy, admiring costumes. Now kids are gangster about collecting miniature sized candy bars. They bang on the door, don;t even bother with a costume, and forget about Please and Thank You. And enough with the sexy/slutty costumes if you are under 18. It’s not cute. It’s pretty damn creepy.
2. I despise The Affordable Care Act. Not, let me clarify. I despise the vague letters that go out to seniors who only see that their coverage is being discontinued. I despise the people on the other end of the phone who aren’t listening to the questions people have about the plans, but focus on getting people to sign up for coverage they don’t quite understand. I despise that it takes seventeen minutes to locate a translator on the phone. I haven’t had to call you out for a minute, but Obeezy, I’m disappointed. Not that the site is crashing. Anyone who tries to download an iOS update knows that there are glitches in the first few days. Obeezy, as the leader, you need to get this ish fixed ASAP. I don’t have the time nor inclination to fool with the untrained mumbling customer service (yeah, right) representatives so that I can assist my residents. A Christie-Booker ticket for 2016 is looking more appealing each day.
3. I have always been a Bob Fosse fan ever since I snuck to watch All That Jazz on PBS. My mom didn’t think the blatant drug abuse or the partial nudity was appropriate for my younger self. I’m not a fan of Catherine Zeta-Jones so I couldn’t get into Chicago the Musical, but pushed through cuz, you know, Fosse. When I saw the following video, I was in heaven. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
4. Butternut Squash soup. Where have you been all my life? I had a cup at Five Points Coffee, my new go-to place when I want to meet folks and get a decent cup of coffee. I find it smooth, slightly dense, and quite filling. I need to find a blender ASAP so I can whip up a batch this weekend.
5. Depending on the site, it’s either National Novel Writing Month or National Blog Writing Month. Regardless of which I plan to participate in (I’m aiming for both), I have a goal to write every day.