I feel like chicken tonight, like chicken tonight!
I find that chicken dishes are the perfect in-a-pinch dinner option – with so much versatility and recipe options, chicken can be cooked and served in a flash – however, the same chicken dishes can become bland and boring after a while.
Easy peasy, living greasy.
My family gets sick of chicken meals. They also suffer from dinner glaucoma, not able to see their butts in the kitchen cooking (ba dump bump!), so dinner is usually my field.
In honor of September’s National Chicken Month, bistroMD has put together a list of healthy, unique chicken recipes for readers! From the classic chicken cacciatore to the south of the border flavors in the chicken burrito bowl, bistroMD adds a healthy spin on traditional favorites for everyone to enjoy guilt-free.
Each week, I’ll test one of the following recipes and post the results on my Instagram account.
First up, the bistroMD’s Grilled Chicken with Roasted Garlic Veloute Sauce
Yields 4 servings
For the chicken:
· 4 5oz chicken breast fillets
· 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon of onion powder
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
For the sauce:
· 1.5 cups of chicken broth (pacific foods)
· 1/2 cup of white wine
· 1 Tablespoon of garlic (chopped)
· 1 teaspoon of olive oil
· 1 teaspoon of corn starch
· 1 Tablespoon of water
· A pinch of white pepper
- In a bowl, marinate the chicken with the spices, and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat up your grill to a medium-high heat and place the chicken on the grill with the skin side down and mark for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350’F.
- In a 350’F oven, place the grilled chicken on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the chopped garlic and sauté for 3 minutes until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
- Add the wine, chicken stock and white pepper and then bring to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add the corn starch with the water and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Cook for 1 more minute and remove from the stove and serve over chicken.
- You can serve this with mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans for a nice, delicious and hearty meal.
How do you prefer your chicken? Leave a link to your favorite recipe below!