In the Kitchen
I like the idea of quick and easy morning meals. Knowing I can send the family out with a full belly prepared to take on the day makes me feel like all in right in my corner of the world.
Pancake Bacon Strips have been making the rounds on Social Media for a while. Combining a few of my favorite things (easy prep time and bacon) I made my attempt.
- Oven baked bacon.
- Bisquik, milk, and eggs for the batter.
- I made the mistake of cooking the bacon prior to adding the mixture. The strips were extra crispy. In the future, I will bake the batter and bacon simultaneously.
- The PreTeen gave me the seal of approval.
Some tips to ensure that your own strips will be met with satisfaction.
- Serve warm with warm syrup.
- Butter isn’t necessary, but it does add to the pancake coating.
- Jelly also works well with this is syrup is unavailable.
- Wax paper on the baking sheet helps keep the bacon from getting too crispy and makes clean up a snap.
- These can be precooked and warmed up.
- I found that 3 strips with a yogurt were enough to satisfy me for the morning.
Have you tried Pancake Bacon Strips? Any suggestions or other quick breakfast ideas?
Leave your comment below!