“Online Voter Registration is about making the voting experience more convenient and more accessible. It is about giving citizens an easier way to exercise their right to vote and establishing a clearer connection between the political system and the citizens. Online voter registration is secure, it improves accuracy and will reduce costs for counties by cutting down on time-consuming data entry.”
I must stress that to vote in the General Election on November 8, Pennsylvania residents MUST be registered by October 11, 2016.
Using the speed of Verizon Fios, registering can be quick and painless. Head over to Votes PA and get yourself registered to vote. The site is optimized for a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. Verizon Fios makes using any of these things easy to get registered!
Before registering to vote, make sure you have either your Penndot (Pennsylvania Department of Transportation) State ID or Driver’s License available. If you do not have these things, have your social security number available.
Some other things to note:
Unless you move, change your name, or your political party, your registration is valid for each election.
First time voters will need to bring identification to verify you are who you say you are.
Don’t delay – use Verizon Fios to register today!
***Questions about voting to prepare for the USCIS Naturalization interview:
- Who is the Governor of Pennsylvania now? Tom Wolf
- What is the capital of your state? Harrisburg
- There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them. Citizens eighteen (18) and older (can vote). You don’t have to pay (a poll tax) to vote. Any citizen can vote. (Women and men can vote.) A male citizen of any race (can vote).
- What is one responsibility that is only for United States citizens? serve on a jury; vote in a federal election
- Name one right only for United States citizens. vote in a federal election; run for federal office
- How old do citizens have to be to vote for President? eighteen (18) and older
This post is made possible by the US Constitution and my partnership with the Verizon #FiOSPhilly team. All views expressed are my own