Sundays seem to come so quick now. My six notations of f*ckery from the past week:
1. It’s difficult to keep away from the media. I would need to get rid of my Crackberry, turn the radio off in my car, not leave my house. In a word, isolate myself. The week of the media fast was difficult. I admit I was itchy to turn on Rush when I picked up the Boy, had to restrain myself from doing my usual KYW hourly view and this past Friday broke down and visited Forbes for information on the nationalization of banks. I was able to function just fine without the news and may just rely on Tweets from Twitter to keep me abreast of any breaking news stories.
2. I’m sick of cookies. Thin Mints, Samoas er Carmel De-Lights, Shortbread. The Teen is at 1043 boxes sold. She is aiming for 2000. I am aiming to never see a cookie again.
3. Visiting another church is nice, but it’s nothing like being home. Going to the Mister’s church for Scout Sunday was cool, but I missed the raucousness of the Prayer Chapel folks. At the end of the sermon, some quiet music played and we were dismissed. Had that been PC, the drums and the organ would have been JUMPING! The message was on point, but the quiet of the service had me nodding a little.
4. Finding my Passion. Not passion like me and the Mister with no kids (hee hee) but passion meaning what DRIVES me? What is it that gives me that get up and go? That spark that puts an extra step in my walk? I need to stoke the flames and get my passion back.
5. Two Bible verses to memorize and reflect upon:
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
” Create in me a pure heart, O
God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. ” Psalm 51:10
I always know when I haven’t prayed, and the people around me know too! During my prayer, I also need to have God reveal to me His plans. Prior to service today, I listened to the Bible study. It was about my favorite character in the Bible, David. Psalm 51 is a Psalm about redemption and asking for forgiveness of revealed sin. I need to A) pray constantly and B) Ask for my sins to be forgiven. Get to memorizing.
6. Ignorance is no excuse. There are too many sources, books, PEOPLE to get an answer from. I cannot fathom the questions and comments that are posed to me on any given day about my hair, my culture, my faith. Get it together, people. Turn off the boob tube, pick up a book and LEARN something.
Reflect on that.