I sat at the computer Sunday evening and attempted to write, but boxes of Carmel De-Lites and Thin Mints danced across my mind instead. I’m four days behind on my Black History posting, a week behind in laundry, and wasted chicken parts cuz dammit, I’m tired.
But I have six things to rant/rave about:
Oversexed and quite pungent kids.
1. We need to save our girls. The Teen had a Valentine’s Day Dance, and it was scary to see girls shaking, grinding, emulating video vixens. What is going on? Two girls, when they weren’t grinding on each other, were trying to grind on the boys, the table, the freaking WALLS?! What The F*ckery is happening to our young girls? During Beyaki’s If I Were a Boy, two of the girls started to drop it like it’s hot, and the Teen remarked “They are so nasty, how can you do a booty dance off of THIS song?” I was trying to breathe through my mouth. Theses kids need to spend less time in front of the TV and more time in the bathroom. With soap and hot water.
The Teen’s contribution to the dance.
2. All men aren’t dogs.
The Boy prepared to dazzle with his skillz
On Saturday, I attended the Father/Son Scout basketball game. The boys were so happy to have their fathers and important men in the gym, that the buzz was enough to get even Sleeping Beauty excited. I haven’t enjoyed myself the way I did that Saturday in such a long time! You couldn’t tell these kids they weren’t future Kobes, Shaqs, or AIs. They did little tricks, tried to unsuccessfully dunk, and hammed it up. When the Mister got up to shoot, Sleeping Beauty said she had 9 and 1 dialed and was prepared to dial the other one if necessary. Fun day by all.
The Mister doing his best not to choke
3. I spilt my jeans. Split pants = Fat A**. I immediately started to work out again. ‘Nuff said.
4. I am taking a break AGAIN from the news. I can’t fathom the idea that cops are being killed, parents are still hurting their kids, that work is scarce. I can’t listen to this garbage again.
5. Satan is a liar. I was doing fine, growing spiritually, maturing into a wise saint. Then Satan starts to whisper into my ear about this and that. I am in a battle and I am wearing the breastplate of my God to fight this war.
6. Routines need to be established with consistency and firmness. By eliminating TV and excess during the week, I can find the wasted time. Being firm with the kids ensures the day starts smoothly and I don’t look like a raving madwoman when the school bus pulls up.