This was a pretty benign weekend.
Aside from scouts, we didn’t do much more than sit in front of the umpteenth Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family.
The Teen went to a Career Day for the Girl Scouts while the Cub Scouts enjoyed a presentation from The Academy of Natural Sciences. I was all for the educational value until Miss Holly pulled out a damn opossum, explaining that this animal is the closest to a dinosaur that still alive today. I can see one of those in my back yard, and they creep me out. I left soon after that. The Boy told me I missed a hawk and an iguana.
Riding the El:
I was supposed to attend a memorial service but I was on some serious dragging my a$$ time so I missed it. I did get to see some sights that make me question what the heck is going on in the world?! Have I isolated myself that I failed to realize the world around me was ucked fup?
On my El ride I witnessed more neck tattoos (Johnny seems to be the man of choice), Big Girls squeezed into too tight clothes, attitudes, and too loud phone conversations. Really lady with the jeans that show your butt crack, do you think we need to know you was tore up last night. How classy! To my delight, I discovered that Septa has outlets at certain seats, and I still get service underground. Sweet!
Herman Cain “Suspends” his Bid for President:
The Huffington Post had the best lede for the news that Herman Cain was dropping out of the Presidential election:
Herman Cain wanted to be the very best, like no one ever was, but his quest to catch ’em all ended on Saturday.
For those who don’t live with a ten year old boy, this is a play on the opening theme of Pokemon.
|Gotta Catch ’em All!|
In a speech that rambled on, Cain said a whole bunch of nothing. He threatened er promised to open a new website (cuz that Women for Cain was such a success) that would serve as the voice of the people. Not once did he accept any responsibility for allegedly harassing these women or acknowledge that his relationship with Ginger White may have been inappropriate. I can tell you this, if The Mister was giving any chick other than The Teen money, it’s going to be some serious issues up in here. At the end of the speech, Cain admitted that he indeed had been quoting Pokemon. The only person who should be quoting Pokemon in any way is The Boy in an essay about his favorite show.
It’s A Wonderful Life
This holiday favorite came on TV. I need to view it without commercial interruption to give it the proper recap it needs but a few of my observations:
1. Why was Pottersville so sleazy?
2. Violet would be a stripper in an updated version.
3. Why does Mary have to be an old maid librarian? I’m insulted about this for the sake of my sister.
4. Potter was the 1% and the rest of the town was the 99%. I foresee an #OccupyBedfordFalls movement.
How was your weekend?