Thanks to my sister, I found a new linky to hook up with.
Today’s list is about ten sounds that drive me crazy…
1. MAH-OM-MM (Rhymes with bomb). I loathe the kids calling me this. They sound like Angry Birds, and the fact that they can stretch a one syllable word into a three syllable nerve grinding sound. As in:
“MAH-OM-MM, what’s for dinner? MAH-OH-MM, do I have to go to bed?” UGH!
2. The THUNK-THUNK of basketballs. I prefer football, track, soccer, and gymnastics.
3. The squeak of sneakers from the basketball players. Some people can’t tolerate the sound of a squeaky chalk board. I can’t STAND the sound of tennis shoes, sneakers, trainers whatever they call them on wooden floors. I should be happy that kids are playing, but this bites my butt!
4. Hawk spitting. This has to be the most disgusting thing I hear. It sounds like obnoxiously loud wind-up mixed with a deep throat gargle and the phthat of spitting. Eww.
5. I was wrong. Hawk spitting is nasty but the sound of sniffing rather than getting a tissue to blow your nose…yuckity yuck yuck!
6. I KNOW. My kids say this ALL the time. If you knew, then why am I reminding you?
7. The Stellaluna computer game that plays in the Children’s Room at my sister’s job. The first time I heard it I thought it was a old time Negro Spiritual. No, it’s a chant of “Stel-la-LUH-na…”
8. MapQuest GPS. Loading route…take the left…Recalculating. I’ve been half way to New York before the darn route gets found.
9. The music to most anything The Boy plays on the Wii. It’s so earnest, so dramatic, so…repetitive. Find Princess Peach, rescue Princess Zelda, get the Kingdom Key already!
10. OPC aka Other People’s Children. Their whining anyway. Supermarket check out lines seem so much longer when the kid behind you is fighting their parent to get out of the cart. Stick a sock in it, why don’t you?